• 200 Cigarettes
• 50 cigars
• 1/2 LB of tobacco
• 1 l of alcoholic beverages
• Two bottles of perfume
• Illegal drugs
• Pornographic material
• Explosives, weapons and ammunition
• All electronic items including DVD Players, recorders, computers and cell phones must be declared upon entering and leaving the country.
• Dogs and other animals will require a veterinarian good health certificate before being allowed entry into the country.
• Visitors to Ethiopia must complete a customs declaration form if bringing in large sums of cash. Travellers departing Ethiopia in possession of more than $3000 or equivalent in foreign currency must present a bank advice notice to customs officials if the currency was purchased from a local bank.